Monday, October 3, 2011

30DDC: Day 1 and Day 2

Day 1 


The first challenge was to do a self-portrait.  I took one of my favorite photos of from my wedding and drew from that (and, of course, took out all the 'bad' parts).  My husband referred to this sketch as the 'Disney princess' version of me.  I am totally happy with that description.
Total drawing time: about 15 minutes


Day 2


Day two's challenge was to draw my favorite animal.  I love my little black kitty and spent quite awhile trying to draw her specifically before I realized how effing hard it is to draw a black cat.  And since I would like to actually enjoy this challenge, rather than ending up hating it, I finally just did a simple stylized version of a cat.
Total drawing time:  20 minutes, if you include all the failed drawing of my cat; 3 minutes if counting just this illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment