Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stuff I Love: Seaglass

Sea glass is a part of the tradition of going to the cottage.  Every piece that is found is considered good luck and is saved in a great jar upon the mantle.  I don't know how far back it's been collected but I look at that jar and imagine one of my husband's distant relatives strolling along the shore in a bustled skirt and wide-brimmed hat, bending gently to grab a found piece and take it back up to the house.  Here are a few beautiful things made from simple, soft-edged glass.


Keychain from LiliDMagpieCreations

Fine Art Photography from QuercusDesign
Earrings from SeaFindDesigns
Necklace from SeaFindDesigns

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love sea glass too!! How lovely to think of people long ago contributing to your current collection!

    ReplyDelete