Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stuff I Love: Travel Photography

There are so many places in the world I would love to see and have yet to travel to, but quite a few people have captured them already in perfect images, the kind that trigger a daydream when you see them, here are a collected few, all available for sale on my favorite shopping site, Etsy, of course.

Paris is a feeling
Paris is my number one destination city I have not yet been to, and this photograph from Irene Suchocki captures it as I've always imaged, dreamlike and serene.  By looking at it, one feels all the romance and mystery the city could hold.

Copenhagen Street
Copenhagen is the number one travel destination I have been to and would to back to in an instant.  Every street of this city is as beautiful as this one taken by LaFayette Photography, even the crowded squares, the parks, the castles.  I fell in love with the city while I was there and it will always be a part of me, until the day I return and am a part of it, again.

Literary Walk, Central Park
Would you believe I've never been to New York?  I suppose the city should be first on my list to travel to, as it's the most easily accessible.  Here, Tim Schultz Photo has managed to capture the softer side of a city all too often thought of as harsh. 

Buon Giorno Venice
Truly a city of fairytales, this Venice photograph from Serantoni Designs captures a bright spot in the city of water. The picture is so soft and subdued, the reflections so deliberate and colorful, it appears to almost be an Impressionist painting.

London Silhouette
If you're going to go half a world away, why not go somewhere the language is the same?  This skyline of London has been beautifull captured by TCapone Photo, showing us in silhouette all the majestic architecture of the classically beloved city.

Where would you go and what memory would you want to capture on film?

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of photos! Thanks so much for featuring my Copenhagen picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I please use your London silhouette for my website?

    ReplyDelete