Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Conjoined Twins

While technically not new, this painting hasn't appeared on this blog before.  I created it last summer and it hung in the coffee shop I worked at until we closed.  Since then it has been sitting in my room, waiting to be photographed and listed on Etsy, for as much as I love my work, I can't keep it forever.

There was a tree by the bus stop I took to work every day and, to me, the tree looked like it was two grown from one seed or two separate tree that grew together as they grew upward.  Regardless of how it happend, I found the way their branches arched out from each other interesting.  To me it looked like they were tired of being together and were trying to grow apart.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73789832/the-conjoined-twins-ooak-original
On a side note, I'm never sure whether to call them painting or illustrations.  I use mostly watercolor and ink applied with a brush, but I use and hold the brush like a pen much more often than not, as though I am 'drawing' on the color.  What defines a painting, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment