Saturday, June 18, 2011

Illustration Friday #4

This week's theme for Illustration Friday is 'launch.'  The first thing I thought of upon reading this was a watercolor and ink painting I did several years ago of several people in flight on great wings over the ocean.  However, the painting is long sold (or given away, perhaps), and also, I don't believe in using old work for a challenge like this, feeling the whole point is to make something new, so I did a little sketch of just one person, on great wings.

'Launch'

 You'll be pleased to note, this week, that I waited until good light to photograph the illustration, and so it's not all yellowy.  It actually took a lot longer to draw than I expected, because it had been so long since I've done much figure drawing, but I think it turned out decently for something done at 1 am while I was lying in bed (which, so far, is how I've done all my Illustration Friday stuff...but I'm hoping to move past that soon enough, because it would be hard to use paint in bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment